No, not necessarily. Bring your bike or follow transit directions below to get here.
Unfortunately, not this time.
Children 8 and up please.
1. In the YVR Airport look for the signs, “Train to City”
2. All the trains go downtown. Jump on and ride for 20 minutes to “City Centre” station.
3. You’ll come out at Georgia and Granville St. Cross both Georgia and Granville to get to the opposite corner.
4. Walk about half way down the block on Georgia to the second bus stop in front of The Bay.
5. Take the “257 Express Horseshoe Bay” and ride for 35 minutes to the last stop at Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal.
6. Take the ferry to “Langdale / Sunshine Coast.” Takes 40 minutes.
7. From the terminal take the bus #1 and ride for about 15 minutes to Chaster and Pratt Rd.
8. Walk South on Pratt (away from the mountains and towards the water) a few blocks to Grandview Rd.
9. Turn left on Grandview Rd. We’re at the end of the block on the right at 995 Grandview Rd.
The Sunshine Coast is not an island but it sure feels like it.
Enjoy a beautiful 40-minute ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale to reach the Sunshine Coast. It is a quick ferry ride with just enough time for a meal, light snack or taking in the scenery. We are a 10-minute drive from the Langdale ferry terminal. There is a local bus (#1) that will drop you a few blocks from our house @ Chaster and Pratt. You can also try your luck with a taxi (604 886-7337 or 604 885-3666).
There is also a ferry from Comox on Vancouver Island to Powell River, which is north of us on the coast. And finally you can take a float plane and fly into Sechelt.